New solution helps organisations boost efficiency and accuracy by automating the inventory count process.
AUSTIN, Texas, July 19, 2022 —To help organizations improve the highly challenging inventory count process, Oracle NetSuite today announced NetSuite Smart Count. NetSuite Smart Count is an inventory counting solution that enables organisations to improve the efficiency and accuracy of inventory management by automating inventory counts and enabling them to be conducted live without freezing transactions, minimising the impact on operations.
“Inventory counts are an important check-and-balance that ensure records are accurate, but without the right tools in place, they are often expensive, labour-intensive, and time consuming to conduct,” said Gary Wiessinger, senior vice president, Product Management, Oracle NetSuite. “With NetSuite Smart Count, we are automating the entire process for our customers so that they can quickly and easily validate inventory records to help ensure inventory availability, optimise inventory levels, and return to doing what they love – running their business.”
NetSuite Smart Count helps organisations improve decision-making by simplifying and automating inventory processes. It conducts inventory counts live without freezing transactions in the entire location, helping minimise interruptions that impact operations. If there is any activity during the count, NetSuite Smart Count will automatically alert counters so they can react appropriately. Key capabilities in NetSuite Smart Count include:
- Administrator Control: Helps organisations manage counts without disrupting sales byenabling administrators to choose what happens if the on-hand quantity changes for an item during the count process.
- Advanced Visibility: Helps organisations automate the count process by providinglists of items that need to be counted using predefined criteria, business rules, and key drivers.
- Automated Recounts: Helps organisations minimise unnecessary replenishmentby automatically triggering a count to check the accuracy of a given bin if the inventory level falls below the reorder point.
- Centralized Information: Helps organisations efficiently manage the cycle counting process by providing visibility into all the items due to be counted in a location.
- Mobile Access: Helps organisations increase count accuracy and minimise time required to complete counts by using a handheld mobile device and barcodes.
Embedded within NetSuite, NetSuite Smart Count is fully integrated with NetSuite Inventory Management to give organisations added efficiencies, greater control over their stock, and more flexibility when making financial and business decisions. For more information, read the latest NetSuite blog.